A year can seem like a really long time. Sometimes. But then I think about the past year, and how quickly it went by. A year ago, Robert was still in AIT and I was getting ready to fly out and visit him for the 4th of July. In some ways, it feels like it was a long time ago. But then, I really can't believe that it's been a whole year! That gives me a lot of hope for how the deployment will go. It's already been almost 3 weeks, and so far the time is passing pretty quickly, which is a good sign.
Anyway, the title is a reference to the way Robert and I are looking at the upcoming year. A year seems much more manageable if you break it down in parts. 52 weeks means about 26 paydays, so that's how we're going to count the next year. We've already had 2 paydays, so that's only 24 more! And it doesn't seem like as insurmountable an obstacle that way. :)
In other news, I am enjoying my new computer, although I am having a few issues. I think part of the issue might be in using a TV for the monitor, but it could be a Windows thing. Originally, it gave me a bunch of choices for the resolution. The only one that fit the screen size made the screen shake, which was annoying. I found one that fit ok and didn't have the same problem. But then this morning when I started up my computer, it decided to switch to another resolution. Even worse is the fact that the resolution I was using before is no longer an option! I am not sure what happened. So if anyone has any ideas about this, please let me know!
I have done research online, and it seems to be a fairly common problem. However, most of them have different software than I have. Also, I am far from being a computer expert, and when the solution includes manually editing the programming for the driver, I start to think it might be easier just to buy a regular monitor.
EDIT: I fixed it! Kind of. I am using a real monitor that one of Rob's buddies left with us while he is downrange. It looks amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment