The weather has been very cruel lately. We had about a week and a half of absolutely beautiful, spring-ish weather. I knew it wouldn't last (since it's only January), but that didn't make it any less sad when we got a snowstorm last night. And right after I washed my car, too.
I've been having TONS of fun with the tablet that my wonderful husband bought me for Christmas. I've wanted a tablet for years, but I never thought I'd actually own one! I didn't even remember that I had mentioned wanting one. (He remembers those types of things. It's lovely.)
I'm rediscovering all the fun things that one can do with coffee. This is one of my favorite things to drink:
I start out with a packet of hot chocolate mix (chocolate mint is my favorite). Then you add a little bit of milk, chocolate syrup, and sometimes flavored creamer. I pour in the coffee, and if I'm not going anywhere that day, I add Kahlua and Irish cream. You need a pretty big mug for it. As you can see, I prefer to drink mine out of a half-liter beer stein. :)
Robert and I are hoping to move in a few months, but we're not sure if we'll be able to. A lot will depend on how much hassle it will be to move. If the Army will help us with the process, we will. If we have to do everything ourselves, we'll forget about it. We'd like to move a little farther out from the base, where it's more rural and peaceful.
We're definitely "over the hump" of the deployment, and we're starting to get more information about homecoming. I'm so excited! This has not been an easy experience, but I think it's made us stronger as individuals and as a couple. It's not something I'd recommend doing just for kicks, though.
I may have to try that coffee drink one of these days. But probably on a weekend when it was acceptable to be on a sugar/caffeine high for so many hours!
ReplyDelete