Sunday, June 13, 2010

Updates

Well, Robert is on his way to Afghanistan. He left Friday night, and is still in transit (the Army does things in bits and pieces like that). On the plus side, where he is right now there is internet, so we were able to chat for a while over gmail. It was really nice to "talk" to him.

I am doing ok, but appreciate all the prayers everyone is sending our way. So far I'm just relaxing, and will be for a couple of weeks, but then I'm getting a job as a barista at the coffee shop on post that I am looking forward to. I figure it will keep me busy and help the year go by more quickly. Also, it will encourage me to get out of the house a little more.

Here's a picture of Robert in his "battle gear." It was taken back in February, but I figured you might like to see it. A friend took a picture of us together before he left, but I'm still waiting for it to be uploaded to facebook so I can download it.


Stay safe, Robert. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment