Mono is supposed to be one of those "college diseases" (like meningitis, which Steubenville cheerfully told us could cause HORRIBLE DISFIGURING DEATH AND BRAIN DAMAGE). You know, you get it in college because you're not sleeping very much, you share drinks with everyone, and you kiss everyone. Or something like that. Well, I managed to go my entire college career without getting it, unlike three (or four?) of my sisters. Two months after graduating, surprise! Mono! Or at least that's what we suspect it is. Robert caught it first (opening him up to all sorts of "don't ask, don't tell" jokes) and now I have it, too. Anyway, I'm staying well hydrated, am sleeping lots, and am limiting any sort of activity to the virtual world.
In happier news, we have a mini-fridge and a kitchen table on loan from the platoon office, and we went ahead and bought a deep-fryer and an electric skillet so we can actually cook things. That is a tremendous help, and I got to actually cook dinner for the first time since I've been married! It was tremendously elegant meal of nachos topped with taco meat, cheese, and sour cream, served on homemade tortilla chips.
The command sponsorship is still being held up, but I believe it's at the top now--it's up to US Army Europe now. And guess what the problem is? None other than the EFMP paperwork, which took me months and months to get done, and there are still problems with it. I don't know why the Army is suddenly so concerned about my psychological well-being when they've done little to improve their disgustingly high suicide rates. But enough about that, because the military and psychology is not a subject that I can be brief or unbiased about.
More actually happy news: the proof CD of wedding pictures arrived a few days ago! I was very happy with our photographer, and now the hard part will be picking only a limited amount of pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I never had Mono. Having said that, I will probably get it next week. ;) I'm sorry you have it, though. That is no fun. I am envious of your deep-fat fryer. Patrick would LOVE IT if I could make home made tortilla chips. Baked just aren't the same. Also, let me know if you need or want any recipes. There is a LOT you can do in a crockpot that you wouldn't necessarily think of.
ReplyDelete