
So, if you haven't heard by now, we just bought two ferrets. It was a little bit of an impulse buy, to be honest. I was looking in the classified section for German Shepherd puppies, and saw an ad for them. See, originally we were going to get a puppy this summer, to keep me company while Robert was gone. But he wanted to be around for the adorable puppy stage and I wanted him to be around to help train it, so we decided to wait. But I did still want a pet, and I have always wanted ferrets.
We got an excellent deal--the former owner was in a bit of a hurry to get rid of them. She had two small children and they were too rough with the ferrets. We knew they must be nice animals because they were so patient with the kids! We brought them home this morning, and they seem pretty settled in. They liked exploring the living room, and are curious but not destructive, and they are housetrained. The oft-complained about smell is no worse than the smell of any other animal (apparently it's only bad if they aren't neutered). The white one (female) is named Jack of Blades (or Jack for short) and the brown one (male) is Twinblade. Yes, those are names from a video game, and yes, we are massive nerds.
Well, now I'm off to the Commissary to pick up some cat food for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment